Every once in a while I have an idea that is just pure genius. Well, this is one of those times. A few weeks back I started thinking about how good it would be to drizzle hot bacon grease over a mixture of summer squash.
Well after thinking on it a while and mulling over different herbs to pair it with, this is what I came up with, Bacon Herb-Roasted Summer Squash! I cooked it earlier in the week and it was so delicious. Everyone that tried it loved it so far. I am hoping that you will too. Let us know in the comments below if you tried it and liked it.
Did you know that you can help support our channel for FREE? Just do your normal online shopping by using our links and we will receive a small commission from anything you purchase!
Amazon Store Page https://www.amazon.com/shop/southernfoodjunkie
Bacon Herb-Roasted Summer Squash
- 1 Zucchinni You can use any combination of squash you like. Feel free to add in other veggies as well
- 1 Yellow Squash
- 1 Patty Pan Squash
- 1 Bell Pepper/Green Pepper
- 1 small sweet onion
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme
- 3 cloves garlic minced or pressed
- 2 strips bacon cooked then chopped
- 1/2 cup bacon grease
- Salt an Pepper to taste
- Start by putting your bacon grease in a bowl. Next chop up the Basil and Thyme. Add to the bacon grease.
- Mince or use a garlic press and add the garlic to the bowl. Mix well and set to the side.
- Next, chop up your squash in 1/2 in size pieces. Chop up bell pepper and onion. Add all veggies to a big bowl. Pour the Bacon herb mixture over veggies and toss in the bowl. Toss in the bowl. Pour out onto a big sheet pan.
- Add Salt and Pepper, and toss again.
- Heat oven to 425 then cook the dish for 20 minutes until veggies are tender and have some color.
- Next, put veggies in a bowl and put chopped bacon over top.